Nagma fails to file nomination papers, blames police
Meerut: Actor and Congress candidate from Meerut constituency, Nagma, could not file her nomination papers on Friday and alleged that the man carrying the documents was not allowed by the police to enter the Collector`s office.
The actor alleged that police stopped district Congress president Saleem Bharti, who was carrying her nomination papers and affidavits, at the gate and did not allow him to enter the Collector`s office.
According to the rule, only five persons can accompany the candidate inside the Collector`s office during the filing of nomination papers.
However, when contacted, senior police officers refused to comment on the issue.
Nagma said that she will consult senior party leaders about filing nomination tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof