Narendra Modi`s Bareilly rally cancelled
Lucknow: BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi`s rally in Bareilly on January 13 has been cancelled, a party leader said on Wednesday.
The rally was cancelled as it was coinciding with an event duing urs of Hazrat Shah Sharafat Miyan and the Utrayani fair, UP BJP chief spokesman Vijay Bahadur Pathak said.
The local party unit had also expressed difficulties in organising the `Vijay Shankhnaad` rally, he said.
As the dates of Modi`s other public meetings could not be postponed, the rally, therefore, has been cancelled, he said.
The spokesman said Modi will address rallies in Gorakhpur on January 23 and in Meerut on February one.
A `Vijay Shankhnaad Maha Rally` will be organised on March 2 in Lucknow, Pathak said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Gujarat ATS arrest two people for planning a bomb blast in Rajkot's Chotila temple
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter