Narendra Modi`s Bareilly rally cancelled
Lucknow: BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi`s rally in Bareilly on January 13 has been cancelled, a party leader said on Wednesday.
The rally was cancelled as it was coinciding with an event duing urs of Hazrat Shah Sharafat Miyan and the Utrayani fair, UP BJP chief spokesman Vijay Bahadur Pathak said.
The local party unit had also expressed difficulties in organising the `Vijay Shankhnaad` rally, he said.
As the dates of Modi`s other public meetings could not be postponed, the rally, therefore, has been cancelled, he said.
The spokesman said Modi will address rallies in Gorakhpur on January 23 and in Meerut on February one.
A `Vijay Shankhnaad Maha Rally` will be organised on March 2 in Lucknow, Pathak said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Say goodbye to your acidity woes with these ten simple tips!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital