Narendra Modi`s rally in Kanpur: BJP yet to get permission for helipad
Kanpur: With three days to go for Narendra Modi`s rally, the district unit of BJP has been unable to get permission for a helipad where the chopper of its PM candidate can land.
While the party alleged that the "denial" was as per the "directions of Uttar Pradesh government", district authorities said they have already sought a no-objection certificate from Kanpur University for using of their helipad.
"We have sought NoC from the university to allow use of their helipad, and are in constant touch with them. Once we get the approval letter, we will hand it over to BJP leaders," ADM (City) Avinash Singh said.
Rally of Gujarat Chief Minister Modi is scheduled to take place on Saturday.
BJP district chief Surendra Naithani alleged that on the directions of the state government, authorities were trying to create hurdles one after the other.
"We had sought permission for helipad, they denied it and asked us to get a temporary helipad built near rally venue. When we started work on that, PWD officials came and asked us to stop it, saying there was not enough space," Naithani said.
The NoC from district administration needs to be sent to Gujarat authorities, Naithani said, but affirmed that the rally will take place on its scheduled date at any cost.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune