New-born dies after being buried alive
Sitapur (UP): In a case of female infanticide,
a new-born girl was buried alive allegedly by her family
members resulting in her death in Khairabad area, police said
here on Tuesday.
Sangeeta, wife of Sarju Prasad and native of Hardoi,
delivered twins, a boy and girl at CMH hospital in Khairabad
on May 1, they said, adding as the boy was weak he did not
survive after birth but the girl was normal after delivery.
After the infants were handed over to the family members,
they buried the girl along with her brother in a graveyard
near the hospital yesterday, they said.
However, a taxi driver Sharif, who happened to be near the
graveyard at that time, saw the family members burying the
Suspecting some foul play he dug up the grave, rescued the
girl and rushed her to the hospital where she died during
treatment this morning, they said, adding Sarju`s
father-in-law Devchandra has been arrested in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured