New-born dies after being buried alive
Sitapur (UP): In a case of female infanticide,
a new-born girl was buried alive allegedly by her family
members resulting in her death in Khairabad area, police said
here on Tuesday.
Sangeeta, wife of Sarju Prasad and native of Hardoi,
delivered twins, a boy and girl at CMH hospital in Khairabad
on May 1, they said, adding as the boy was weak he did not
survive after birth but the girl was normal after delivery.
After the infants were handed over to the family members,
they buried the girl along with her brother in a graveyard
near the hospital yesterday, they said.
However, a taxi driver Sharif, who happened to be near the
graveyard at that time, saw the family members burying the
Suspecting some foul play he dug up the grave, rescued the
girl and rushed her to the hospital where she died during
treatment this morning, they said, adding Sarju`s
father-in-law Devchandra has been arrested in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Delhi horror: Pedophile held for sexually assaulting 600 girls
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre