New-born dies after being buried alive
Sitapur (UP): In a case of female infanticide,
a new-born girl was buried alive allegedly by her family
members resulting in her death in Khairabad area, police said
here on Tuesday.
Sangeeta, wife of Sarju Prasad and native of Hardoi,
delivered twins, a boy and girl at CMH hospital in Khairabad
on May 1, they said, adding as the boy was weak he did not
survive after birth but the girl was normal after delivery.
After the infants were handed over to the family members,
they buried the girl along with her brother in a graveyard
near the hospital yesterday, they said.
However, a taxi driver Sharif, who happened to be near the
graveyard at that time, saw the family members burying the
Suspecting some foul play he dug up the grave, rescued the
girl and rushed her to the hospital where she died during
treatment this morning, they said, adding Sarju`s
father-in-law Devchandra has been arrested in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are festivals and other social fete being manipulated for political benefits?
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days