Nine criminals held in Noida
Noida: Nine persons were held in connection with separate criminal cases in different areas here in the last 24 hours, police said on Sunday.
Sector-39 police arrested a person, identified as Rakesh, last night for allegedly possessing two trucks loaded with stolen scrap materials, they said.
Meanwhile, Keshav and Sonu were arrested with a truck loaded with 20 bags of stolen cement from the same area.
In another incident, Bijender Singh, an accused in dowry death case, was arrested by Noida Phase-II police.
A liquor smuggler, Gurcharan was arrested and 40 bottles of seized liquor were seized from him in Jewar area yesterday, police said.
In a separate incident, four persons were arrested and one stolen motorcycle, nine PAN cards, several ATM cards, two mobile phones and Rs 30,000 cash were recovered from their possession, they added.
Meanwhile, seven vehicles, including three cars and four motorbikes, were stolen in separate incidents here, police said.
Efforts are on to recover the stolen vehicles and arrest those behind the thefts, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Experts hail Indian Army's surgical strikes on Pakistan
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says