Nine criminals held in Noida
Noida: Nine persons were held in connection with separate criminal cases in different areas here in the last 24 hours, police said on Sunday.
Sector-39 police arrested a person, identified as Rakesh, last night for allegedly possessing two trucks loaded with stolen scrap materials, they said.
Meanwhile, Keshav and Sonu were arrested with a truck loaded with 20 bags of stolen cement from the same area.
In another incident, Bijender Singh, an accused in dowry death case, was arrested by Noida Phase-II police.
A liquor smuggler, Gurcharan was arrested and 40 bottles of seized liquor were seized from him in Jewar area yesterday, police said.
In a separate incident, four persons were arrested and one stolen motorcycle, nine PAN cards, several ATM cards, two mobile phones and Rs 30,000 cash were recovered from their possession, they added.
Meanwhile, seven vehicles, including three cars and four motorbikes, were stolen in separate incidents here, police said.
Efforts are on to recover the stolen vehicles and arrest those behind the thefts, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan