Nine criminals held in Noida
Noida: Nine persons were held in connection with separate criminal cases in different areas here in the last 24 hours, police said on Sunday.
Sector-39 police arrested a person, identified as Rakesh, last night for allegedly possessing two trucks loaded with stolen scrap materials, they said.
Meanwhile, Keshav and Sonu were arrested with a truck loaded with 20 bags of stolen cement from the same area.
In another incident, Bijender Singh, an accused in dowry death case, was arrested by Noida Phase-II police.
A liquor smuggler, Gurcharan was arrested and 40 bottles of seized liquor were seized from him in Jewar area yesterday, police said.
In a separate incident, four persons were arrested and one stolen motorcycle, nine PAN cards, several ATM cards, two mobile phones and Rs 30,000 cash were recovered from their possession, they added.
Meanwhile, seven vehicles, including three cars and four motorbikes, were stolen in separate incidents here, police said.
Efforts are on to recover the stolen vehicles and arrest those behind the thefts, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Over 5.48 lakh people affected due to floods in states: Govt
- Al Qaeda in Syria executes 14 `government forces`
- 2 million couples apply for second child in China last year
- Aanand L Rai mum on casting Katrina, says film with Shah Rukh Khan 'important'
- 'Happy Bhaag Jayegi' helmer's next is a biopic on poet Batalvi