No grand celebration on Mayawati`s birthday
Lucknow: With the ruling BSP bracing up for
the forthcoming Uttar Pradesh Assembly polls, Chief Minister
Mayawati`s birthday on Sunday will be a low key affair unlike
To celebrate the 56th birthday of the BSP supremo, a
programme will be held at the party office here tomorrow in
which workers and office bearers will take part, party sources
Mayawati will address party workers and appeal to them to
hold rallies in villages to ensure the party`s victory, the
She is also likely to issue the list of party candidates
as the BSP has not formally announced the names of its
nominees, they said, adding that Mayawati will also release a
new volume of her biography.
Mayawati`s birthday celebrations in the past have been
extravagant often courting controversy over the expenses
incurred, active participation of bureaucrats and observance
of the day as “arthik sahyog diwas".
Last year, she had announced around 600 new projects on
Mayawati is expected to start campaign in Uttaranchal on
January 16 and later in Punjab.
In Uttar Pradesh, she will begin her electioneering later
this month for the 55 constituencies going to polls in the
first phase on February 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?