No grand celebration on Mayawati`s birthday
Lucknow: With the ruling BSP bracing up for
the forthcoming Uttar Pradesh Assembly polls, Chief Minister
Mayawati`s birthday on Sunday will be a low key affair unlike
To celebrate the 56th birthday of the BSP supremo, a
programme will be held at the party office here tomorrow in
which workers and office bearers will take part, party sources
Mayawati will address party workers and appeal to them to
hold rallies in villages to ensure the party`s victory, the
She is also likely to issue the list of party candidates
as the BSP has not formally announced the names of its
nominees, they said, adding that Mayawati will also release a
new volume of her biography.
Mayawati`s birthday celebrations in the past have been
extravagant often courting controversy over the expenses
incurred, active participation of bureaucrats and observance
of the day as “arthik sahyog diwas".
Last year, she had announced around 600 new projects on
Mayawati is expected to start campaign in Uttaranchal on
January 16 and later in Punjab.
In Uttar Pradesh, she will begin her electioneering later
this month for the 55 constituencies going to polls in the
first phase on February 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!