Non Congress govts have cheated farmers in UP: Sachin Pilot
Greater Noida: The non Congress governments in Uttar Pradesh have cheated farmers by acquiring their lands at "low" rates and failed to provide them a rehabilitation plan, Union Minister Sachin Pilot said on Saturday.
Farmers are getting landless due to the poor policies of non Congress governments and they had even failed to feed their families, Corporate Affairs Minister Sachin Pilot said while addressing a public rally at Surajpur here.
No rehabilitation plan is provided to the farmers, whose lands are being acquired, he said.
The Union government wants that the farmers of Uttar Pradesh get the due price for their land and are provided with employment opportunities, the Minister said.
The amended Land Acquisition Bill has been placed before the Parliament which will be passed soon, he said adding, it will help provide the proper land price to farmers along with rehabilitation package.
He assured the farmers to extend his support to their struggle for justice and due land compensation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur