Non Congress govts have cheated farmers in UP: Sachin Pilot
Greater Noida: The non Congress governments in Uttar Pradesh have cheated farmers by acquiring their lands at "low" rates and failed to provide them a rehabilitation plan, Union Minister Sachin Pilot said on Saturday.
Farmers are getting landless due to the poor policies of non Congress governments and they had even failed to feed their families, Corporate Affairs Minister Sachin Pilot said while addressing a public rally at Surajpur here.
No rehabilitation plan is provided to the farmers, whose lands are being acquired, he said.
The Union government wants that the farmers of Uttar Pradesh get the due price for their land and are provided with employment opportunities, the Minister said.
The amended Land Acquisition Bill has been placed before the Parliament which will be passed soon, he said adding, it will help provide the proper land price to farmers along with rehabilitation package.
He assured the farmers to extend his support to their struggle for justice and due land compensation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued