Non Congress govts have cheated farmers in UP: Sachin Pilot
Greater Noida: The non Congress governments in Uttar Pradesh have cheated farmers by acquiring their lands at "low" rates and failed to provide them a rehabilitation plan, Union Minister Sachin Pilot said on Saturday.
Farmers are getting landless due to the poor policies of non Congress governments and they had even failed to feed their families, Corporate Affairs Minister Sachin Pilot said while addressing a public rally at Surajpur here.
No rehabilitation plan is provided to the farmers, whose lands are being acquired, he said.
The Union government wants that the farmers of Uttar Pradesh get the due price for their land and are provided with employment opportunities, the Minister said.
The amended Land Acquisition Bill has been placed before the Parliament which will be passed soon, he said adding, it will help provide the proper land price to farmers along with rehabilitation package.
He assured the farmers to extend his support to their struggle for justice and due land compensation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?