Non Congress govts have cheated farmers in UP: Sachin Pilot
Greater Noida: The non Congress governments in Uttar Pradesh have cheated farmers by acquiring their lands at "low" rates and failed to provide them a rehabilitation plan, Union Minister Sachin Pilot said on Saturday.
Farmers are getting landless due to the poor policies of non Congress governments and they had even failed to feed their families, Corporate Affairs Minister Sachin Pilot said while addressing a public rally at Surajpur here.
No rehabilitation plan is provided to the farmers, whose lands are being acquired, he said.
The Union government wants that the farmers of Uttar Pradesh get the due price for their land and are provided with employment opportunities, the Minister said.
The amended Land Acquisition Bill has been placed before the Parliament which will be passed soon, he said adding, it will help provide the proper land price to farmers along with rehabilitation package.
He assured the farmers to extend his support to their struggle for justice and due land compensation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'