Non-polluting units to get land in Lucknow
Lucknow: The Lucknow Industrial Development Authority (LIDA) will soon launch a scheme to provide around 50 acres of developed land for non-polluting industrial use.
The proposal was approved on Wednesday at a meeting of LIDA`s board of directors.
It was also decided that LIDA would try to increase its land bank to around 500 acres -- the target for the current financial year.
LIDA Chief Executive Officer Sanjay Prasad said they had around 50 acres of compact and developed land and a scheme would soon be launched to invite entrepreneurs to set-up non-polluting industrial units there.
Also, a substation will soon be built to ensure quality power supply to around 350 acres of a LIDA project.
The meeting also granted approval to upgrading and strengthening the link road connecting a proposed IT-park to National Highway-2.
LIDA is also looking for financial assistance from the National Capital Region Planning Board (NCRPB) for developing the Lucknow-Kanpur industrial corridor.
Sanjay Prasad said the last date for submission of Expression of Interest for selection of anchor investor for the development of an IT-Park would not be extended beyond September 10.
In case no one expressed interest, LIDA would go ahead for tenders with two companies, which had initially applied for the project, he said.
Only Gurgaon-based Raheja Developers and Hyderabad-based Aditya Housing and Infrastructure Development Corporation Private Ltd have expressed interest in the project.
Infrastructure and Industrial Development Commissioner Anil Kumar Gupta said LIDA had the potential to push industrial development in and around Lucknow and efforts should be made to make it a catalyst for innovative entrepreneurship.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS