Now Sobhan moves HC seeking permission to dig gold in Fatehpur
Allahabad: Unfazed by his forecast of huge gold reserves in Uttar Pradesh`s Unnao coming a cropper, Seer Sobhan Sarkar on Thursday moved the Allahabad High Court seeking permission to carry out a similar excavation in Fatehpur.
In his petition, which is likely to come up for hearing next week, Sarkar claimed that there were 2,500 tonnes of gold buried in the ground at Adampur village in Fatehpur district.
The seer has sought the court`s direction to the state government and the district administration to allow him to carry out the excavation for which, he has claimed, a preliminary survey has been carried out by experts at the Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad and the IIT Kanpur, Sarkar`s counsel Chandan Sharma said.
Sharma said Sarkar has also stated that he was willing to bear the expenses involved in the excavation.
The development comes barely a month after the Archaeological Survey of India gave up after carrying out a fortnight-long excavation at Daundiya Kheda in Unnao.
The seer had claimed that the gold could not be found as he was not "invited" to the site.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read