Now Sobhan moves HC seeking permission to dig gold in Fatehpur
Allahabad: Unfazed by his forecast of huge gold reserves in Uttar Pradesh`s Unnao coming a cropper, Seer Sobhan Sarkar on Thursday moved the Allahabad High Court seeking permission to carry out a similar excavation in Fatehpur.
In his petition, which is likely to come up for hearing next week, Sarkar claimed that there were 2,500 tonnes of gold buried in the ground at Adampur village in Fatehpur district.
The seer has sought the court`s direction to the state government and the district administration to allow him to carry out the excavation for which, he has claimed, a preliminary survey has been carried out by experts at the Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad and the IIT Kanpur, Sarkar`s counsel Chandan Sharma said.
Sharma said Sarkar has also stated that he was willing to bear the expenses involved in the excavation.
The development comes barely a month after the Archaeological Survey of India gave up after carrying out a fortnight-long excavation at Daundiya Kheda in Unnao.
The seer had claimed that the gold could not be found as he was not "invited" to the site.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015