Now Sobhan moves HC seeking permission to dig gold in Fatehpur
Allahabad: Unfazed by his forecast of huge gold reserves in Uttar Pradesh`s Unnao coming a cropper, Seer Sobhan Sarkar on Thursday moved the Allahabad High Court seeking permission to carry out a similar excavation in Fatehpur.
In his petition, which is likely to come up for hearing next week, Sarkar claimed that there were 2,500 tonnes of gold buried in the ground at Adampur village in Fatehpur district.
The seer has sought the court`s direction to the state government and the district administration to allow him to carry out the excavation for which, he has claimed, a preliminary survey has been carried out by experts at the Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad and the IIT Kanpur, Sarkar`s counsel Chandan Sharma said.
Sharma said Sarkar has also stated that he was willing to bear the expenses involved in the excavation.
The development comes barely a month after the Archaeological Survey of India gave up after carrying out a fortnight-long excavation at Daundiya Kheda in Unnao.
The seer had claimed that the gold could not be found as he was not "invited" to the site.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city