Now UP CM Akhilesh Yadav calls Mayawati "buaji"
Azamgarh: Amid controversy over his father`s remark against Mayawati, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Thursday called the BSP chief "buaji" (Paternal Aunt) even as her party moved the Election Commission demanding a ban on Mualayam Singh Yadav over his comments.
"All those in BSP call her (Mayawati) `behenji` irrespective of their age. But I call her `Buaji`", Yadav said while addressing an election rally here.
In a public meeting at Faizabad yesterday, SP chief Mulayam had said, "Ab ise srimati kahen ya kunwari beti, kya kahen behen kahen" (should I term her (Mayawati) Mrs, unmarried daughter or sister."
Mayawati had retorted, "He (Mulayam) has lost his mental balance due to fear of defeat in Lok Sabha elections. Such type of person in his family can term his grandson and granddaughter as `Sriman and Srimati` (Mr and Mrs) in place of brothers and sisters."
Taking a dig at Narendra Modi`s Gujarat model of development, Akhilesh said his model meant "Model of dividing India".
Claiming that there was a "SP wave", Akhilesh said only his party could prevent communal forces from coming to power.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police