Now UP CM Akhilesh Yadav calls Mayawati "buaji"
Azamgarh: Amid controversy over his father`s remark against Mayawati, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Thursday called the BSP chief "buaji" (Paternal Aunt) even as her party moved the Election Commission demanding a ban on Mualayam Singh Yadav over his comments.
"All those in BSP call her (Mayawati) `behenji` irrespective of their age. But I call her `Buaji`", Yadav said while addressing an election rally here.
In a public meeting at Faizabad yesterday, SP chief Mulayam had said, "Ab ise srimati kahen ya kunwari beti, kya kahen behen kahen" (should I term her (Mayawati) Mrs, unmarried daughter or sister."
Mayawati had retorted, "He (Mulayam) has lost his mental balance due to fear of defeat in Lok Sabha elections. Such type of person in his family can term his grandson and granddaughter as `Sriman and Srimati` (Mr and Mrs) in place of brothers and sisters."
Taking a dig at Narendra Modi`s Gujarat model of development, Akhilesh said his model meant "Model of dividing India".
Claiming that there was a "SP wave", Akhilesh said only his party could prevent communal forces from coming to power.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda