NRHM scam: Court rejects bail plea of Pradeep Shuk
Ghaziabad: Bail application of Pradeep Shukla, senior IAS officer and an accused in multi-crore National Rural Health Mission scam, was on Monday rejected by a special CBI court.
The court rejected the plea saying that the accused could tamper with the evidence and influence the witnesses, public prosecutor told a news agency.
Shukla, who was arrested on May 11 in Lucknow by the CBI for his alleged involvement in the Rs 5,700-crore NRHM scam, has moved the bail plea on health grounds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof