One arrested for cheating students of Rs 1.6 crore
Muzaffarnagar: One person was arrested for allegedly cheating eight students of Rs 1.6 crore on promise of admission to a medical college, police said here on Saturday.
An FIR was registered yesterday against four people of a gang including Pradeep, Vivek Vishnoi, Anupam Prasad all from Moradabad, and Subodh from Delhi on complaint of Prabhat Panwar father of student, Dy SP Sanjiv Vajpayee said.
The students from Muzaffarnagar, Delhi, Bijnore, Meerut and Moradabad paid Rs 20 lakh each to the gang for admission to LMC College, Ludhiana, Vachpayee said.
However, when students with their parents visited the college they found out that they had been cheated and registered a complaint, he said.
One accused, Prasad, has been arrested while the remaining three are absconding, he said, adding that investigation is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!