One arrested for cheating students of Rs 1.6 crore
Muzaffarnagar: One person was arrested for allegedly cheating eight students of Rs 1.6 crore on promise of admission to a medical college, police said here on Saturday.
An FIR was registered yesterday against four people of a gang including Pradeep, Vivek Vishnoi, Anupam Prasad all from Moradabad, and Subodh from Delhi on complaint of Prabhat Panwar father of student, Dy SP Sanjiv Vajpayee said.
The students from Muzaffarnagar, Delhi, Bijnore, Meerut and Moradabad paid Rs 20 lakh each to the gang for admission to LMC College, Ludhiana, Vachpayee said.
However, when students with their parents visited the college they found out that they had been cheated and registered a complaint, he said.
One accused, Prasad, has been arrested while the remaining three are absconding, he said, adding that investigation is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon