One arrested for cheating students of Rs 1.6 crore
Muzaffarnagar: One person was arrested for allegedly cheating eight students of Rs 1.6 crore on promise of admission to a medical college, police said here on Saturday.
An FIR was registered yesterday against four people of a gang including Pradeep, Vivek Vishnoi, Anupam Prasad all from Moradabad, and Subodh from Delhi on complaint of Prabhat Panwar father of student, Dy SP Sanjiv Vajpayee said.
The students from Muzaffarnagar, Delhi, Bijnore, Meerut and Moradabad paid Rs 20 lakh each to the gang for admission to LMC College, Ludhiana, Vachpayee said.
However, when students with their parents visited the college they found out that they had been cheated and registered a complaint, he said.
One accused, Prasad, has been arrested while the remaining three are absconding, he said, adding that investigation is on.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed