One arrested for cheating students of Rs 1.6 crore
Muzaffarnagar: One person was arrested for allegedly cheating eight students of Rs 1.6 crore on promise of admission to a medical college, police said here on Saturday.
An FIR was registered yesterday against four people of a gang including Pradeep, Vivek Vishnoi, Anupam Prasad all from Moradabad, and Subodh from Delhi on complaint of Prabhat Panwar father of student, Dy SP Sanjiv Vajpayee said.
The students from Muzaffarnagar, Delhi, Bijnore, Meerut and Moradabad paid Rs 20 lakh each to the gang for admission to LMC College, Ludhiana, Vachpayee said.
However, when students with their parents visited the college they found out that they had been cheated and registered a complaint, he said.
One accused, Prasad, has been arrested while the remaining three are absconding, he said, adding that investigation is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list