One-year-old girl, mother killed in accident
Kanpur: A one-year-old girl and her mother were killed when a speeding truck crushed them in village Navad in Shivrajpur, police said here Thursday.
The incident occurred yesterday when Sarvesh, his wife Saroj and daughter - Nandini, were on his way to Uttaripura railway station on a motorcycle, police said.
As the motorcycle lost its balance after hitting a pit on the road, Saroj and her daughter fell down. They were crushed by a speeding truck from behind, moments before they could stead their position, police said.
Angry over the incident, the locals beat the truck driver and later handed him over to the police.
- ED summons former Air Chief Marshal S.P. Tyagi
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Motorola expected to launch Moto G (4th Gen) handset on May 17
- Ex-servicemen suspend OROP protest, threaten to intensify agitation if demands not met
- West Bengal goes for fifth phase of polling on Saturday
- Tajikistan bans Russian-style surnames for children
- S&P keeps UK on triple-A rating, says expects no Brexit