One-year-old girl, mother killed in accident
Kanpur: A one-year-old girl and her mother were killed when a speeding truck crushed them in village Navad in Shivrajpur, police said here Thursday.
The incident occurred yesterday when Sarvesh, his wife Saroj and daughter - Nandini, were on his way to Uttaripura railway station on a motorcycle, police said.
As the motorcycle lost its balance after hitting a pit on the road, Saroj and her daughter fell down. They were crushed by a speeding truck from behind, moments before they could stead their position, police said.
Angry over the incident, the locals beat the truck driver and later handed him over to the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Panel discussion over why opposition stopped PM Modi from speaking?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug