Only 26 pc complaints resolved in Janata Darshan: RTI reply
Lucknow: The `Janata Darshan` programme, held for people to approach the Chief Minister with their problems, could only resolve 26 percent of the complaints while most of the applications remain unattended, according to an RTI reply.
In one year rule of Samajwadi Party between May 15 last year to May 14 this year, seven Janata Darshans were held in which 22,872 applications were given to the Chief Minister by the people, according to the reply by the state government.
Of these, 6,069 were disposed of, Secretary to the Chief Minister, Alok Kumar said in reply to the query of RTI activist Urvashi Sharma.
Sharma said this amounted to only 26 percent redressal rate, which is a discouraging figure.
Opposition parties criticised the government for the redressal rate.
"The figure that came through RTI has exposed tall claims of the government and shown a mirror to it. Akhilesh government should ensure that people are heard and at least take care of those, who reach them expecting redressal of their grievances," BJP spokesman Vijay Bahadur Pathak said.
He alleged that initial complaints were against the BSP regime, but later complaints were against the SP regime due to which the programme`s frequency was decreased.
Congress spokesman Dwijendra Tripathi said, "In Janta darshan, more than expected people are coming as they are not heard in districts. CM should take care of it."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!