Only 26 pc complaints resolved in Janata Darshan: RTI reply
Lucknow: The `Janata Darshan` programme, held for people to approach the Chief Minister with their problems, could only resolve 26 percent of the complaints while most of the applications remain unattended, according to an RTI reply.
In one year rule of Samajwadi Party between May 15 last year to May 14 this year, seven Janata Darshans were held in which 22,872 applications were given to the Chief Minister by the people, according to the reply by the state government.
Of these, 6,069 were disposed of, Secretary to the Chief Minister, Alok Kumar said in reply to the query of RTI activist Urvashi Sharma.
Sharma said this amounted to only 26 percent redressal rate, which is a discouraging figure.
Opposition parties criticised the government for the redressal rate.
"The figure that came through RTI has exposed tall claims of the government and shown a mirror to it. Akhilesh government should ensure that people are heard and at least take care of those, who reach them expecting redressal of their grievances," BJP spokesman Vijay Bahadur Pathak said.
He alleged that initial complaints were against the BSP regime, but later complaints were against the SP regime due to which the programme`s frequency was decreased.
Congress spokesman Dwijendra Tripathi said, "In Janta darshan, more than expected people are coming as they are not heard in districts. CM should take care of it."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know