Oppn set to corner UP govt in Parliament tomorrow
Lucknow: Issues related to recent cases of communal clashes, law and order situation, poor power scenario and delay in declaring support price of sugarcane are likely to figure prominently in the brief winter session of the UP Vidhan Sabha beginning tomorrow.
Opposition parties including BSP, BJP, Congress and RLD are preparing to put the government on the mat on issues concerning law and order and farmers though they feel that the brief session would not allow them enough time to raise issues of peoples interest.
"The four-day winter session is a mere formality as the majority of time would go in government business but whatever time it gets, the opposition would grill the government on people`s issues", Leader of opposition and BSP leader Swami Prasad Maurya said.
He said that there is no dearth of issues before the opposition and that his party has formulated a strategy for the same.
BJP legislature party leader Hukum Singh claimed that law and order situation has deteriorated and the past eight months of SP rule has witnessed some eight cases of communal clashes in the state.
"Besides, the government which claims itself to be the saviour of farmers is in fact betraying them and BJP would raise all these issues in the house", Singh said.
He alleged that had there not been the constitutional obligation of getting the supplementary budget passed and convene the house within the interval of six months, the government would not have done so.
Congress legislature party leader, Pradeep Mathur said that his party would adopt aggressive postures while raising issues such as law and order, prevailing inspector raj, delay in announcing sugarcane support price and non implementation of chief minister`s promises and announcements.
"Besides communal clashes, there has been a number of rape, loot and murder cases in the past eight months", Mathur said, adding, the honeymoon period of the government is now over and the young chief minister has to show his work on the ground now.
"But it has not yet been seen, may be, because there are multiple power centres in the government", Mathur alleged.
RLD leader Dalbir Singh said that his party would prominently take up delay in declaration of sugarcane support price even though the crushing season in most of the sugar mills has got underway in October itself.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning