Pak prisoner shifted to security barrack, UP jails on alert
Muzaffarnagar: In the wake of attack on Pakistani prisoner Sanaullah in Jammu, security has been stepped up in UP jails while a Pakistani national has been shifted to a high-security barrack, police said on Saturday.
Kasim, lodged in the jail since 2011, has been shifted to high-security barrack after the UP government authorities have re-issued an alert to the jail superintendents in the state to make adequate security arrangements for Pakistani prisoners, Superintendent, district jail, Seva Ram told reporters.
No inmate will be allowed to meet Pakistani prisoners, he said.
Kasim was arrested for staying in the country without valid visa and passport, Ram said.
It is learnt that 24 Pakistani prisoners are lodged in different jails in Uttar Pradesh -- nine in Lucknow, three in Meerut, while one each at Muzaffarnagar, Varanasi, Bareilly, Unnao and Sitapur, police said.
Sanaullah, serving a life term in India, was attacked inside the high-security Kot Balwal jail in Jammu by a fellow inmate yesterday after which he was airlifted from there to Chandigarh for treatment at PGIMER.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday