Police arrest ‘dead’ Naxalite
Sonbhadra: A Naxalite, who was declared dead in an encounter in 2001, was on Tuesday arrested after a gunbattle with police in Chikda village here.
On a tip off, Lalvrat Kol and another Naxalite was apprehended by a police team in the village, Superintendent of Police Subhash Chandra Dubey said.
Dubey said that after an exchange of fire between both sides, Kol, who carried a reward of Rs one lakh on his head in Uttar Pradesh, was arrested.
A carbine, a revolver and a number of cartridges were recovered from his possession.
Kol was declared dead in records after an encounter in Mirzapur in 2001 and the police team involved in it was also given an out of turn promotion.
However, Kol`s name cropped up in a number of incidents later.
Kol was wanted in connection with many incidents in Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Bihar besides UP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam