Police arrest ‘dead’ Naxalite
Sonbhadra: A Naxalite, who was declared dead in an encounter in 2001, was on Tuesday arrested after a gunbattle with police in Chikda village here.
On a tip off, Lalvrat Kol and another Naxalite was apprehended by a police team in the village, Superintendent of Police Subhash Chandra Dubey said.
Dubey said that after an exchange of fire between both sides, Kol, who carried a reward of Rs one lakh on his head in Uttar Pradesh, was arrested.
A carbine, a revolver and a number of cartridges were recovered from his possession.
Kol was declared dead in records after an encounter in Mirzapur in 2001 and the police team involved in it was also given an out of turn promotion.
However, Kol`s name cropped up in a number of incidents later.
Kol was wanted in connection with many incidents in Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Bihar besides UP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!