Police arrest ‘dead’ Naxalite
Sonbhadra: A Naxalite, who was declared dead in an encounter in 2001, was on Tuesday arrested after a gunbattle with police in Chikda village here.
On a tip off, Lalvrat Kol and another Naxalite was apprehended by a police team in the village, Superintendent of Police Subhash Chandra Dubey said.
Dubey said that after an exchange of fire between both sides, Kol, who carried a reward of Rs one lakh on his head in Uttar Pradesh, was arrested.
A carbine, a revolver and a number of cartridges were recovered from his possession.
Kol was declared dead in records after an encounter in Mirzapur in 2001 and the police team involved in it was also given an out of turn promotion.
However, Kol`s name cropped up in a number of incidents later.
Kol was wanted in connection with many incidents in Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Bihar besides UP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH