Police fails to arrest 11 cops for fake encounter
Allahabad: With UP police failing to arrest 11 cops wanted in connection with a 16-year-old fake encounter case, state police chief Ambrish Chandra Sharma on Tuesday informed the Allahabad High Court that efforts were being made to nab the absconding men.
The Director General of Police, who personally appeared before a division bench comprising justices Dharnidhar Jha and Ramesh Sinha, also stated that orders for attaching the properties of the absconding cops have been obtained from the magistrate concerned under the provisions of Criminal Procedure Code.
Two persons were killed in the alleged fake encounter in Chandauli district in 1996 and a petition had been filed by one Pradeep Chaurasia who had alleged that the guilty policemen were not being arrested despite the fact that non-bailable warrants had been issued against them long ago.
The court has fixed May 31 for further hearing in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH