Police misinterpreted UP minor`s autopsy: Doctor
Lakhimpur Kheri: A doctor Wednesday blamed the police for "misinterpreting" the first autopsy of a teenaged girl found dead in a police compound here, saying the report by him and two others mentioned "injuries on the victim`s neck and leg".
"We are not at fault. It was a mistake on the part of the police as they failed to comprehend our post-mortem report," A.K. Agarwal, one of the three doctors on the panel that conducted the first autopsy on the girl and have since been suspended, told reporters here.
"Police misinterpreted the findings of the report that had no flaw. We were not told to probe the case with a suicide or murder angle. Our post-mortem report mentioned the injuries on the victim`s neck and leg," said Agarwal.
Agarwal, along with two other doctors - S.P. Singh and A.K. Sharma - had performed the first autopsy on the teenaged girl. The body of the 14-year-old girl was found hanging from a tree Friday night inside the Nighasan police station premises in Lakhimpur-Kheri district.
Referring to the post-mortem report prepared by Agarwal and his two colleagues, police had claimed that the girl committed suicide. However, after much public hue and cry that police were trying to stop the truth from coming out, a second autopsy was conducted and revealed that she was murdered.
Following the findings of the second autopsy, Agrawal and his two colleagues were suspended.
The crime branch of the crime investigation department is investigating the murder case. Eleven policemen have already been suspended.
Ramchandra, a junior level employee at the Nighasan police station, has been arrested while sub-inspector B.K. Singh and two constables - Uma Shankar and Shiv Shankar - have been booked for tampering with evidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony