Police-public partnership to check crime in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: The police and the public are joining hands in Uttar Pradesh`s Ghaziabad district to check incidents of crime, courtesy an initiative by resident welfare associations of the city to form joint teams.
"Ghaziabad`s resident welfare associations (RWAs) federation chairman Colonel (retd) Tejandra Pal Tyagi had proposed to set up two member joint team consisting of a representative of the zone and one from police. The proposal was readily accepted by SSP Prashant Kumar," a statement from the RWA said Thursday.
"The senior superintendent of police agreed to make a few more special police officers from the RWA federation. He also agreed to write a letter to all police stations to pay due respect and show sincere concern to the points raised by RWA federations," it added.
According to the statement, the team can be used in cases like of daylight murder, communal fights, loot in public and among others.
This was decided Thursday in a meeting held between senior police official and Resident Welfare Associations Federation.
Around 50 representatives from Indrapuram, Vijay Nagar, Mohan Nagar, Kavi Nagar, Vasundhara and city Zone of the RWA Federation Ghaziabad participated in the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark