Private developers should buy land directly from farmers: RLD
Greater Noida: Rashtriya Lok Dal chief Ajit
Singh on Thursday said the government should ask private developers
to buy land directly from farmers and it should acquire land
only for public welfare projects which are developed solely by
"Government should acquire land only for those projects
which are developed by it for public utilities. Private
parties should be asked to buy land directly from farmers," he
told a farmers` conclave held here.
Around a thousand farmers participated in the meet, which
advocated for amendment in Land Acquisition Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video