Private developers should buy land directly from farmers: RLD
Greater Noida: Rashtriya Lok Dal chief Ajit
Singh on Thursday said the government should ask private developers
to buy land directly from farmers and it should acquire land
only for public welfare projects which are developed solely by
"Government should acquire land only for those projects
which are developed by it for public utilities. Private
parties should be asked to buy land directly from farmers," he
told a farmers` conclave held here.
Around a thousand farmers participated in the meet, which
advocated for amendment in Land Acquisition Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?
- Florida shooting: Three taken into custody, more suspects sought
- Dope test scandal: After wrestler Narsingh Yadav, shot putter Inderjeet Singh tests positive for banned substance