Private developers should buy land directly from farmers: RLD
Greater Noida: Rashtriya Lok Dal chief Ajit
Singh on Thursday said the government should ask private developers
to buy land directly from farmers and it should acquire land
only for public welfare projects which are developed solely by
"Government should acquire land only for those projects
which are developed by it for public utilities. Private
parties should be asked to buy land directly from farmers," he
told a farmers` conclave held here.
Around a thousand farmers participated in the meet, which
advocated for amendment in Land Acquisition Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees