Private developers should buy land directly from farmers: RLD
Greater Noida: Rashtriya Lok Dal chief Ajit
Singh on Thursday said the government should ask private developers
to buy land directly from farmers and it should acquire land
only for public welfare projects which are developed solely by
"Government should acquire land only for those projects
which are developed by it for public utilities. Private
parties should be asked to buy land directly from farmers," he
told a farmers` conclave held here.
Around a thousand farmers participated in the meet, which
advocated for amendment in Land Acquisition Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000