Rains lash UP, water level rises in Ganga, Yamuna
Lucknow: Monsoon continued to hold sway in Uttar Pradesh on Friday with most parts of the state receiving moderate to heavy showers leading to an alarming rise in the water level of the Ganga and Yamuna.
Gonda received the highest amount of rainfall at 17 cm, followed by Ayodhya and Katerniaghat at 16 cm each, Tarabganj and Jaunpur 15 cm each, Kakardarighat 14 cm and Chatnag 12 cm.
According to central water commission sources, the waters of Ganga and Yamuna are fast rising at various places in the state, especially at Palia Kalan, Elgin Bridge and Ayodhya.
The MeT department here said the monsoon is likely to remain active at many places in east Uttar Pradesh and a few areas in the state`s west in the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read