Rains lash UP, water level rises in Ganga, Yamuna
Lucknow: Monsoon continued to hold sway in Uttar Pradesh on Friday with most parts of the state receiving moderate to heavy showers leading to an alarming rise in the water level of the Ganga and Yamuna.
Gonda received the highest amount of rainfall at 17 cm, followed by Ayodhya and Katerniaghat at 16 cm each, Tarabganj and Jaunpur 15 cm each, Kakardarighat 14 cm and Chatnag 12 cm.
According to central water commission sources, the waters of Ganga and Yamuna are fast rising at various places in the state, especially at Palia Kalan, Elgin Bridge and Ayodhya.
The MeT department here said the monsoon is likely to remain active at many places in east Uttar Pradesh and a few areas in the state`s west in the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!