Rains lash UP, water level rises in Ganga, Yamuna
Lucknow: Monsoon continued to hold sway in Uttar Pradesh on Friday with most parts of the state receiving moderate to heavy showers leading to an alarming rise in the water level of the Ganga and Yamuna.
Gonda received the highest amount of rainfall at 17 cm, followed by Ayodhya and Katerniaghat at 16 cm each, Tarabganj and Jaunpur 15 cm each, Kakardarighat 14 cm and Chatnag 12 cm.
According to central water commission sources, the waters of Ganga and Yamuna are fast rising at various places in the state, especially at Palia Kalan, Elgin Bridge and Ayodhya.
The MeT department here said the monsoon is likely to remain active at many places in east Uttar Pradesh and a few areas in the state`s west in the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Captured: Witness 70 tiger sharks ripping apart a dead whale! - Watch video
- Indian Premier League 2016, Match 56: Delhi Daredevils vs Royal Challengers Bangalore — As it happened...
- Revealed! Alia Bhatt to essay the role of a rape victim in 'Udta Punjab'
- This Gurudwara in Iran is a must-visit for Indians, PM Modi too visited on Sunday
- Check out: 7 ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL things to do in Kovalam beach, Kerala!