Raja Bhaiya gets Food and Civil Supplies portfolio
Lucknow: Controversial independent MLA Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiya, who was sworn in as the minister recently, was today given charge of Food and Civil Supplies department.
"In consultation with the Chief Minister, Governor has directed to allocate portfolio of Food and Civil Supplies to Raja Bhaiya," a notification issued by Chief Secretary Javed Usmani said.
Till now SP spokesman and Prison Minister Rajendra Chaudhary was holding the additional charge of the department.
Raja Bhaiya, who had to resign from the cabinet after killing of DSP Zia-ul-Haq in Pratapgarh, was reinducted in the Uttar Pradesh ministry on October 11.
44-year-old Raja Bhaiya was sworn in by Governor B L Joshi at Raj Bhawan in the presence of SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav and senior cabinet minister Mohd Azam Khan.
The former Food and Civil Supplies Minister had to resign from the cabinet after being named by DSP Haq`s wife Parveen Azad in the murder case in March.Though CBI gave clean chit to Raja Bhaiya, Azad had filed a protest application against it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information