Rape complainant injured, daughter killed by assailants
Lucknow: Two unidentified persons on Thursday opened fire on a woman and her daughter, killing the latter on the spot, when they were on their way to a court in connection with hearing of separate cases in Yamunapar area of Mathura.
Police said while the woman was injured and rushed to a hospital her daughter died on the spot.
Police said the woman had last year filed a complaint accusing Baba Govindacharya of raping her.
Her daughter also filed a case against the self-styled guru accusing him of attempt to rape.
The mother-daughter duo used to serve in the ashram of Baba Govindacharya.
Police said the final reports of the cases had been filed in the court, and they had filed a protest for which they were due to appear today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad