Rape complainant injured, daughter killed by assailants
Lucknow: Two unidentified persons on Thursday opened fire on a woman and her daughter, killing the latter on the spot, when they were on their way to a court in connection with hearing of separate cases in Yamunapar area of Mathura.
Police said while the woman was injured and rushed to a hospital her daughter died on the spot.
Police said the woman had last year filed a complaint accusing Baba Govindacharya of raping her.
Her daughter also filed a case against the self-styled guru accusing him of attempt to rape.
The mother-daughter duo used to serve in the ashram of Baba Govindacharya.
Police said the final reports of the cases had been filed in the court, and they had filed a protest for which they were due to appear today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Billboard 200 albums chart: Drake's 'Views' remains on top for 11th time
- Quran sacrilege: Delhi AAP lawmaker Naresh Yadav sent to judicial custody till Aug 1
- Hillary Clinton nominated for president, husband Bill says she will ''never quit''
- Arjun Kapoor to have double role in 'Mubaraka'
- WATCH: TERRIFYING! Ten times Brock Lesnar showed no mercy to his WWE opponents