Rape complainant injured, daughter killed by assailants
Lucknow: Two unidentified persons on Thursday opened fire on a woman and her daughter, killing the latter on the spot, when they were on their way to a court in connection with hearing of separate cases in Yamunapar area of Mathura.
Police said while the woman was injured and rushed to a hospital her daughter died on the spot.
Police said the woman had last year filed a complaint accusing Baba Govindacharya of raping her.
Her daughter also filed a case against the self-styled guru accusing him of attempt to rape.
The mother-daughter duo used to serve in the ashram of Baba Govindacharya.
Police said the final reports of the cases had been filed in the court, and they had filed a protest for which they were due to appear today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Uttarakhand forest fire: PMO assures help for relief work
- AgustaWestland row: Aam Aadmi Party to gherao Sonia Gandhi, PM Narendra Modi's residence on May 7
- Poll contest in Kerala heading from 'bi-polar' to 'tri-polar': Arun Jaitley
- VVIP chopper scam: No deal inked with AgustaWestland, says Govt
- When Pranab rubbed nose with Maori chief