Rape complainant injured, daughter killed by assailants
Lucknow: Two unidentified persons on Thursday opened fire on a woman and her daughter, killing the latter on the spot, when they were on their way to a court in connection with hearing of separate cases in Yamunapar area of Mathura.
Police said while the woman was injured and rushed to a hospital her daughter died on the spot.
Police said the woman had last year filed a complaint accusing Baba Govindacharya of raping her.
Her daughter also filed a case against the self-styled guru accusing him of attempt to rape.
The mother-daughter duo used to serve in the ashram of Baba Govindacharya.
Police said the final reports of the cases had been filed in the court, and they had filed a protest for which they were due to appear today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Donald Trump denies 'flip flopping' on immigration
- Govt plans to launch PM research fellowships for IIT graduates from next academic year
- Guwahati to host 2016 Indian Super League season opener
- An Alaskan village votes to relocate because of global warming
- US Judge blocks federal action on transgender students' bathroom access