Rape complainant injured, daughter killed by assailants
Lucknow: Two unidentified persons on Thursday opened fire on a woman and her daughter, killing the latter on the spot, when they were on their way to a court in connection with hearing of separate cases in Yamunapar area of Mathura.
Police said while the woman was injured and rushed to a hospital her daughter died on the spot.
Police said the woman had last year filed a complaint accusing Baba Govindacharya of raping her.
Her daughter also filed a case against the self-styled guru accusing him of attempt to rape.
The mother-daughter duo used to serve in the ashram of Baba Govindacharya.
Police said the final reports of the cases had been filed in the court, and they had filed a protest for which they were due to appear today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what