RLD demands judicial probe into police, farmers clash in UP
Ghaziabad: The Rashtriya Lok Dal (RLD)
on Sunday demanded a probe by a sitting Supreme Court judge into
clashes that broke out between security personnel and
agitating farmers in Uttar Pradesh over land acquisition row.
"The Uttar Pradesh government has been acquiring the
farmers` land without their consent and without fixing the
rate of land,” RLD state chief Baba Hardev Singh said.
"There should be a probe by a sitting Supreme Court
judge into the clashes," he said.
The clashes had erupted yesterday in Gautam Buddha
Nagar district when security personnel tried to rescue three
roadways employees held hostage by agitating farmers demanding
better compensation for their acquired land.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement