RLD demands judicial probe into police, farmers clash in UP
Ghaziabad: The Rashtriya Lok Dal (RLD)
on Sunday demanded a probe by a sitting Supreme Court judge into
clashes that broke out between security personnel and
agitating farmers in Uttar Pradesh over land acquisition row.
"The Uttar Pradesh government has been acquiring the
farmers` land without their consent and without fixing the
rate of land,” RLD state chief Baba Hardev Singh said.
"There should be a probe by a sitting Supreme Court
judge into the clashes," he said.
The clashes had erupted yesterday in Gautam Buddha
Nagar district when security personnel tried to rescue three
roadways employees held hostage by agitating farmers demanding
better compensation for their acquired land.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan