Roof of government school collapses, one student killed
Kanpur: One student was killed and 14
others were injured when a roof of their classroom collapsed
in Maharajpur area here this morning, police said.
According to SP (Rural) Lal Bahadur, students of class
seventh were studying in the classroom of a government high
school at Salempur when the roof collapsed suddenly injuring
One student, Mahadev (12), died while on his way to a
hospital, he added.
Out of the remaining 14 students, five have been
admitted in a hospital at Sarsaul near here, while nine are
undergoing treatment at Ursala district hospital where
condition of some of them is said to be critical, the
The teacher was unhurt in the incident.
"The roof of the classroom collapsed as the school
building was an old structure," officials of civil and police
An inquiry has been ordered and investigations were
on, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Fast, stretchy circuits could revolutionise Internet of Things!
- This latest OK JAANU pic shows Aditya Roy Kapur, Shraddha Kapoor are so much in love!
- Major trouble for Tanmay Bhat! Raj Thackeray-led MNS vows to thrash him for mocking Sachin Tendulkar, Lata Mangeshkar
- Sahara group puts out huge 4,700 acres of land for sale
- Sensex shows traction, up 117 on monsoon update, strong Q4