Roof of government school collapses, one student killed
Kanpur: One student was killed and 14
others were injured when a roof of their classroom collapsed
in Maharajpur area here this morning, police said.
According to SP (Rural) Lal Bahadur, students of class
seventh were studying in the classroom of a government high
school at Salempur when the roof collapsed suddenly injuring
One student, Mahadev (12), died while on his way to a
hospital, he added.
Out of the remaining 14 students, five have been
admitted in a hospital at Sarsaul near here, while nine are
undergoing treatment at Ursala district hospital where
condition of some of them is said to be critical, the
The teacher was unhurt in the incident.
"The roof of the classroom collapsed as the school
building was an old structure," officials of civil and police
An inquiry has been ordered and investigations were
on, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city