Roof of government school collapses, one student killed
Kanpur: One student was killed and 14
others were injured when a roof of their classroom collapsed
in Maharajpur area here this morning, police said.
According to SP (Rural) Lal Bahadur, students of class
seventh were studying in the classroom of a government high
school at Salempur when the roof collapsed suddenly injuring
One student, Mahadev (12), died while on his way to a
hospital, he added.
Out of the remaining 14 students, five have been
admitted in a hospital at Sarsaul near here, while nine are
undergoing treatment at Ursala district hospital where
condition of some of them is said to be critical, the
The teacher was unhurt in the incident.
"The roof of the classroom collapsed as the school
building was an old structure," officials of civil and police
An inquiry has been ordered and investigations were
on, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes