Roof of government school collapses, one student killed
Kanpur: One student was killed and 14
others were injured when a roof of their classroom collapsed
in Maharajpur area here this morning, police said.
According to SP (Rural) Lal Bahadur, students of class
seventh were studying in the classroom of a government high
school at Salempur when the roof collapsed suddenly injuring
One student, Mahadev (12), died while on his way to a
hospital, he added.
Out of the remaining 14 students, five have been
admitted in a hospital at Sarsaul near here, while nine are
undergoing treatment at Ursala district hospital where
condition of some of them is said to be critical, the
The teacher was unhurt in the incident.
"The roof of the classroom collapsed as the school
building was an old structure," officials of civil and police
An inquiry has been ordered and investigations were
on, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- It's time for Muslims to rise and protest against some Hindutva forces: Azam Khan
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!