Sacked UP minister claims allegations against him baseless
Former Uttar Pradesh minister Raja Ram Pandey was shunted out from the state Cabinet following his alleged sexist remark.
Lucknow: Former Uttar Pradesh minister Raja Ram Pandey, who was shunted out from the state Cabinet following his alleged sexist remark, on Sunday claimed that the allegations against him were baseless.
"Whatever is being said about me is baseless, if media has any byte then it should show it and I will accept," he told reporters here.
The former state minister for Khadi and Village Industry was sacked from the Cabinet last night after he allegedly said at a function in Pratapgarh district on Friday that roads would be constructed like the cheeks of actresses Hema Malini and Madhuri Dixit.
Pandey alleged that his statement has been distorted and said that his side of story should have been heard before the government`s decision for his removal.
"I had been associated with the party (Samajwadi Party) for last 30 years and not a single allegation can be proved. If there is even one percent truth then punishment bigger than this can be given," he said.
Stating that he would continue to serve the party, Pandey said that if the decision was right for the party then it was acceptable to him.
The Chief Minister, who is already holding charge of 61 departments, was given the additional charge of Khadi and Village Industry.
Pandey`s statement had evoked sharp criticism from all quarters including political parties and social organisations.