Sacked UP minister claims allegations against him baseless
Lucknow: Former Uttar Pradesh minister Raja Ram Pandey, who was shunted out from the state Cabinet following his alleged sexist remark, on Sunday claimed that the allegations against him were baseless.
"Whatever is being said about me is baseless, if media has any byte then it should show it and I will accept," he told reporters here.
The former state minister for Khadi and Village Industry was sacked from the Cabinet last night after he allegedly said at a function in Pratapgarh district on Friday that roads would be constructed like the cheeks of actresses Hema Malini and Madhuri Dixit.
Pandey alleged that his statement has been distorted and said that his side of story should have been heard before the government`s decision for his removal.
"I had been associated with the party (Samajwadi Party) for last 30 years and not a single allegation can be proved. If there is even one percent truth then punishment bigger than this can be given," he said.
Stating that he would continue to serve the party, Pandey said that if the decision was right for the party then it was acceptable to him.
The Chief Minister, who is already holding charge of 61 departments, was given the additional charge of Khadi and Village Industry.
Pandey`s statement had evoked sharp criticism from all quarters including political parties and social organisations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi