Sale of plastic or polythene bags banned near rivers in UP
Lucknow: Sale of plastic or polythene bags has been banned in the vicinity of rivers or any other water body after Uttar Pradesh Governor B L Joshi gave his assent to an ordinance in this regard, an official spokesman said here Thursday.
"The Governor has given his assent to UP Plastic and Bio-Degradable Garbage and Waste (Use and Disposal) Ordinance which makes areas around river and water bodies no-polythene
zone," he said.
As per the ordinance, no person would be allowed to dispose of plastic, polythene or any other type of bio-degradable waster in the Ganga river, he said.
Besides, it also imposes a ban on sale or use of polythene bags at public places, shops and establishments within the notified areas, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- PM Narendra Modi's gift on Maha Shivaratari: A 112-foot face of Lord Shiva - Read details