Sale of plastic or polythene bags banned near rivers in UP
Lucknow: Sale of plastic or polythene bags has been banned in the vicinity of rivers or any other water body after Uttar Pradesh Governor B L Joshi gave his assent to an ordinance in this regard, an official spokesman said here Thursday.
"The Governor has given his assent to UP Plastic and Bio-Degradable Garbage and Waste (Use and Disposal) Ordinance which makes areas around river and water bodies no-polythene
zone," he said.
As per the ordinance, no person would be allowed to dispose of plastic, polythene or any other type of bio-degradable waster in the Ganga river, he said.
Besides, it also imposes a ban on sale or use of polythene bags at public places, shops and establishments within the notified areas, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!