Samajwadi Party LS candidate receives bullet injury
Dehradun: Samajwadi Party candidate from the Haridwar Lok Sabha constituency Ajmal Nawaz Khan sustained bullet injury near his eye as he accidentally fired a shot while cleaning his licensed revolver, police said on Thursday.
Khan was cleaning his revolver at home at Ekkad village in Pathri area of Haridwar district yesterday when he accidentally fired a shot, Pathri circle officer of police Vimal Kumar Acharya said.
The SP leader was rushed to the Jollygrant hospital by his family members where he underwent two surgeries.
Khan is the son of Shanawaz Khan, who was a close aide of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city