Samajwadi Party LS candidate receives bullet injury
Dehradun: Samajwadi Party candidate from the Haridwar Lok Sabha constituency Ajmal Nawaz Khan sustained bullet injury near his eye as he accidentally fired a shot while cleaning his licensed revolver, police said on Thursday.
Khan was cleaning his revolver at home at Ekkad village in Pathri area of Haridwar district yesterday when he accidentally fired a shot, Pathri circle officer of police Vimal Kumar Acharya said.
The SP leader was rushed to the Jollygrant hospital by his family members where he underwent two surgeries.
Khan is the son of Shanawaz Khan, who was a close aide of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state