Sanjay Dutt denies receiving court summons
Lucknow: Even as two courts have issued
summons to Sanjay Dutt for his "Pappi-Jhappi" (kiss and hug)
remarks directed to Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati, the
Bollywood star today said he had not received anything of the
sort from the courts.
"So far I have not received any summon issued by any
court in Uttar Pradesh," Dutt told reporters in reply to a
However, defending himself he said there was nothing
wrong with his remark as "Jhappi is given even to mother and
pappi to a child."
The actor had landed in trouble during Lok Sabha polls
last year when separate FIRs were lodged against him in
Pratapgarh and Barabanki for making "Pappi-Jhappi" remarks
while campaigning for the SP.
Courts in Pratapgarh and Barabanki had recently issued
summons to Dutt asking him to appear in connection with the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!