Schools in Lucknow get five holidays due to Lok Sabha polls
Lucknow: School children here are looking forward to a string of holidays from April 28 to May 1, thanks to the polling schedule in the state capital.
Monday and Tuesday have been declared holidays because teachers have been sent for poll duties. Schools are also closed on the election day April 30 (Wednesday) as balloting will take place at school premises where the polling stations have been set up.
All major schools like the City Montessori School and the Delhi Public School have declared holidays.
Officials also said holidays have been declared as school buses are being used for election-related tasks.
May 1 is a holiday as it is the International Labour Day.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram