Schools in Lucknow get five holidays due to Lok Sabha polls
Lucknow: School children here are looking forward to a string of holidays from April 28 to May 1, thanks to the polling schedule in the state capital.
Monday and Tuesday have been declared holidays because teachers have been sent for poll duties. Schools are also closed on the election day April 30 (Wednesday) as balloting will take place at school premises where the polling stations have been set up.
All major schools like the City Montessori School and the Delhi Public School have declared holidays.
Officials also said holidays have been declared as school buses are being used for election-related tasks.
May 1 is a holiday as it is the International Labour Day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details