Senior UP official commits suicide
Lucknow: A senior officer died here early Saturday after taking poison, police said.
Vinod Rai was the Additional District Magistrate (City) West in the state capital.
On Friday night, he reportedly consumed some poisonous substance when his family was away in Gorakhpur with only a servant in attendance.
After he threw up around midnight, he was rushed to a trauma centre where doctors tried to save him but in vain.
Rai was ranked as a fine officer by his colleagues and seniors. No suicide note has been recovered.
A police official told a news agency that the family of Rai, who lived in Noida, has been informed and the house here where he died would be opened in their presence.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai