Senior UP official commits suicide
Lucknow: A senior officer died here early Saturday after taking poison, police said.
Vinod Rai was the Additional District Magistrate (City) West in the state capital.
On Friday night, he reportedly consumed some poisonous substance when his family was away in Gorakhpur with only a servant in attendance.
After he threw up around midnight, he was rushed to a trauma centre where doctors tried to save him but in vain.
Rai was ranked as a fine officer by his colleagues and seniors. No suicide note has been recovered.
A police official told a news agency that the family of Rai, who lived in Noida, has been informed and the house here where he died would be opened in their presence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie