Situation continues to be tense in Muzaffarnagar
Muzaffarnagar: Tension prevailed in Mohammadpur Raisingh village here where three persons died three days ago in communal violence.
Police and paramilitary forces continued to patrol the area.
"We are taking all precautionary measures to check disturbance in the area," SP, Muzaffarnagar, H M Singh said.
Three persons were killed on October 30 night as communal violence erupted at Mohammadpur Raisingh village under Budhana police station. Eight persons have been arrested and cases have been registered against 15 people in this connection.
Several Jat leaders, including BKU chief Naresh Tikait, opposed the arrest of persons allegedly involved in the fresh round of violence at a panchayat held on Friday.
Community leaders from over a dozen jat-dominated villages participated in the panchayat.
Meanwhile, a local court yesterday extended till November 14 the judicial custody of BJP MLA Sangeet Som, accused of uploading a fake video that played a role in provoking communal tension in Muzaffarnagar in September.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof