Six buried alive in UP
Lucknow: Six people, three of them girls, were killed when a heap of mud fell on them in Rampura area in Uttar Pradesh`s Jalaun district Wednesday.
The incident happened in Kushnera village while they were engaged in the digging work, police said.
The dead were Rampyari, aged 65 years, Chatura (50), Neha (12), Mohni (7), Archan (15) and Vikas (15), they said.
All of them were buried alive, police said adding their bodies had been pulled out.
Rescue operations were still on as police feared some more persons were trapped under the fallen mud.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi