Six buried alive in UP
Lucknow: Six people, three of them girls, were killed when a heap of mud fell on them in Rampura area in Uttar Pradesh`s Jalaun district Wednesday.
The incident happened in Kushnera village while they were engaged in the digging work, police said.
The dead were Rampyari, aged 65 years, Chatura (50), Neha (12), Mohni (7), Archan (15) and Vikas (15), they said.
All of them were buried alive, police said adding their bodies had been pulled out.
Rescue operations were still on as police feared some more persons were trapped under the fallen mud.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what