Six buried alive in UP
Lucknow: Six people, three of them girls, were killed when a heap of mud fell on them in Rampura area in Uttar Pradesh`s Jalaun district Wednesday.
The incident happened in Kushnera village while they were engaged in the digging work, police said.
The dead were Rampyari, aged 65 years, Chatura (50), Neha (12), Mohni (7), Archan (15) and Vikas (15), they said.
All of them were buried alive, police said adding their bodies had been pulled out.
Rescue operations were still on as police feared some more persons were trapped under the fallen mud.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- Babies affected by Zika prone to eye damage: Research
- Now cancel counter-booked wait-listed train tickets online
- Watch: How a bionic suit helped a paralyzed father make his daughter's wedding day memorable!
- Maoists kill LJP leader, brother in Bihar
- French Open 2016, Day 4: Sania Mirza, Leander Paes, Rohan Bopanna enter French Open second round