Six killed, 12 injured as tractor-trolley hit by train
Deoria: Six persons of a marriage party were killed and 12 other injured when a tractor-trolley in which they were travelling was hit by a train at an unmanned crossing here, police said on Friday.
The incident occurred at village Nonapar in Bhatni police area last evening when the marriage party was crossing the railway line, they said.
The tractor-trolley was hit by the Dibrugarh-Chandigarh Express at the unmanned crossing here, they said.
While one person died on the spot, five others were declared brought dead in the hospital.
The condition of the injured was stated to be stable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!