SP accepts Dutt`s resignation from gen secy post
New Delhi: Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam
Singh Yadav today accepted actor-politician Sanjay Dutt`s
resignation as party general secretary.
Dutt, who had been brought into the Samajwadi fold in
January 2009 by Amar Singh, had quit as SP general secretary
earlier this month following Singh`s resignation from key
Last week, when Dutt was asked about his future course of
action, he had replied that he would remain with his "elder
brother" Amar Singh.
Announcing the nomination of Mohan Singh, Vishambhar
Prasad Nishad and Ramasare Kushwaha as the party`s new
general secretaries, senior leader Ram Gopal Yadav told
reporters here that Dutt`s resignation had been accepted by
party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav.
The three new general secretaries have replaced Amar
Singh, Dutt and Obaidullah Azmi (who had also resigned earlier
this month showing solidarity with Singh).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Chidambaram rejects Arun Jaitley's remarks on inflation
- Microsoft to cut additional 2,850 jobs from smartphone sector
- Interesting numbers on India's beggar population out! How do Hindus and Muslims fare? - Read
- Turkey military purge harming fight against Islamic State: Clapper
- Behind the scenes: Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel will show you how to have fun – Watch