SP accepts Dutt`s resignation from gen secy post
New Delhi: Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam
Singh Yadav today accepted actor-politician Sanjay Dutt`s
resignation as party general secretary.
Dutt, who had been brought into the Samajwadi fold in
January 2009 by Amar Singh, had quit as SP general secretary
earlier this month following Singh`s resignation from key
Last week, when Dutt was asked about his future course of
action, he had replied that he would remain with his "elder
brother" Amar Singh.
Announcing the nomination of Mohan Singh, Vishambhar
Prasad Nishad and Ramasare Kushwaha as the party`s new
general secretaries, senior leader Ram Gopal Yadav told
reporters here that Dutt`s resignation had been accepted by
party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav.
The three new general secretaries have replaced Amar
Singh, Dutt and Obaidullah Azmi (who had also resigned earlier
this month showing solidarity with Singh).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie