SP among seven booked on charges of abduction
Badaun: An FIR has been lodged against
seven persons, including six policemen with an SP among them,
for allegedly attempting to abduct a man from court premises
here who was a key witness in a sensational kidnapping and
rape case involving a ruling BSP MLA.
"A case has been lodged against Superintendent of Police
(rural) K K Pushkar, five other policemen and one more person
on charges of attempting to abduct a man, a key witness in a
kidnapping and rape case, displaying arms and manhandling a
lawyer," Senior Superintendent of Police D K Chaudhary said.
Those named in the FIR have been charged with attempting
to abduct C P Sharma, a key witness in Jyoti Sharma abduction
and rape case from the court premises on June 5.
The case involves BSP MLA Yogendra Sagar, his cousin
brother Tejendra Sagar and their associate Meenu Sharma who
are accused of abducting and raping Jyoti Sharma two years
Tejendra Sagar is also among those named in the FIR,
The FIR has been lodged on the directives of Chief
Judicial Magistrate Pawan Kumar Singh, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa