SP among seven booked on charges of abduction
Badaun: An FIR has been lodged against
seven persons, including six policemen with an SP among them,
for allegedly attempting to abduct a man from court premises
here who was a key witness in a sensational kidnapping and
rape case involving a ruling BSP MLA.
"A case has been lodged against Superintendent of Police
(rural) K K Pushkar, five other policemen and one more person
on charges of attempting to abduct a man, a key witness in a
kidnapping and rape case, displaying arms and manhandling a
lawyer," Senior Superintendent of Police D K Chaudhary said.
Those named in the FIR have been charged with attempting
to abduct C P Sharma, a key witness in Jyoti Sharma abduction
and rape case from the court premises on June 5.
The case involves BSP MLA Yogendra Sagar, his cousin
brother Tejendra Sagar and their associate Meenu Sharma who
are accused of abducting and raping Jyoti Sharma two years
Tejendra Sagar is also among those named in the FIR,
The FIR has been lodged on the directives of Chief
Judicial Magistrate Pawan Kumar Singh, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman