SP councillor claims mistreated by party colleagues
Mathura: A Samajwadi Party councillor has lodged a complaint alleging that his party colleagues abducted and took him to a police station, where they mistreated him, police said on Thursday.
Councillor Mahendra Singh Chauhan asked the SSP to lodge a case against accused party leaders -- Sujeet Varshney, Pawan Kumar Yadav and others -- under the SC/ST Act as he belongs to Scheduled Caste, police said.
CO Atul Kumar Srivastav said a case was today lodged against the accused under relevant sections of the IPC. He said they would also be charged under the Scheduled Castes and Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, 1989.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Karan Johar to reveal 'first phase' of Ranbir Kapoor starrer 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' tomorrow
- LG X Screen: Smartphone that offers more than just two screens
- Bomb explodes at Brussels criminology institute, no casualties
- Four youths arrested in Mewat murder-rape, loot case
- Quake of magnitude 7.4 strikes northwest of Ascension Island: USGS