SP councillor claims mistreated by party colleagues
Mathura: A Samajwadi Party councillor has lodged a complaint alleging that his party colleagues abducted and took him to a police station, where they mistreated him, police said on Thursday.
Councillor Mahendra Singh Chauhan asked the SSP to lodge a case against accused party leaders -- Sujeet Varshney, Pawan Kumar Yadav and others -- under the SC/ST Act as he belongs to Scheduled Caste, police said.
CO Atul Kumar Srivastav said a case was today lodged against the accused under relevant sections of the IPC. He said they would also be charged under the Scheduled Castes and Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, 1989.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read