SP councillor claims mistreated by party colleagues
Mathura: A Samajwadi Party councillor has lodged a complaint alleging that his party colleagues abducted and took him to a police station, where they mistreated him, police said on Thursday.
Councillor Mahendra Singh Chauhan asked the SSP to lodge a case against accused party leaders -- Sujeet Varshney, Pawan Kumar Yadav and others -- under the SC/ST Act as he belongs to Scheduled Caste, police said.
CO Atul Kumar Srivastav said a case was today lodged against the accused under relevant sections of the IPC. He said they would also be charged under the Scheduled Castes and Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, 1989.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt