SP councillor claims mistreated by party colleagues
Mathura: A Samajwadi Party councillor has lodged a complaint alleging that his party colleagues abducted and took him to a police station, where they mistreated him, police said on Thursday.
Councillor Mahendra Singh Chauhan asked the SSP to lodge a case against accused party leaders -- Sujeet Varshney, Pawan Kumar Yadav and others -- under the SC/ST Act as he belongs to Scheduled Caste, police said.
CO Atul Kumar Srivastav said a case was today lodged against the accused under relevant sections of the IPC. He said they would also be charged under the Scheduled Castes and Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, 1989.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP comes out in defence of Amitabh's association with second anniversary programme
- Army troops, insurgents exchange gunfire along Manipur-Myanmar border
- Telangana TS EAMCET Results 2016: Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (TS EAMCET) results to be declared today on May 26 (Thursday) on www.tseamcet.in at 11 AM
- World leaders kick off G7 talks with economy, terrorism and refugees in focus
- Indians face public wrath in Congo after Congolese national bludgeoned to death in Delhi; govt rejects racism claims