SP councillor claims mistreated by party colleagues
Mathura: A Samajwadi Party councillor has lodged a complaint alleging that his party colleagues abducted and took him to a police station, where they mistreated him, police said on Thursday.
Councillor Mahendra Singh Chauhan asked the SSP to lodge a case against accused party leaders -- Sujeet Varshney, Pawan Kumar Yadav and others -- under the SC/ST Act as he belongs to Scheduled Caste, police said.
CO Atul Kumar Srivastav said a case was today lodged against the accused under relevant sections of the IPC. He said they would also be charged under the Scheduled Castes and Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, 1989.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'