`SP govt responsible for poor power supply to Noida`
Noida: Annoyed over the long power cuts in Noida, a local BJP MLA on Tuesday alleged the ruling SP of meting out step-motherly treatment towards the area and threatened to stage protests if the power scenario was not improved soon.
Despite being declared a no power cut zone, Noida is witnessing seven to eight hours of power cut each day due to complete negligence of the area by the Uttar Pradesh government, BJP legislator Mahesh Sharma said here today.
Not only the locals but even the industries are suffering due to poor power supply, he said.
Sharma met Superintendent Engineer of Paschimanchal Vidyut Vitran Nigam Limited C L Gupta and asked him for immediate steps to improve the power supply to Noida.
Due to the long power cuts, some industrial units are planning to move out of the state, he said.
The BJP MLA threatened to hold protest if the power supply to Noida was not improved at the earliest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Experts hail Indian Army's surgical strikes on Pakistan
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says