`SP govt responsible for poor power supply to Noida`
Noida: Annoyed over the long power cuts in Noida, a local BJP MLA on Tuesday alleged the ruling SP of meting out step-motherly treatment towards the area and threatened to stage protests if the power scenario was not improved soon.
Despite being declared a no power cut zone, Noida is witnessing seven to eight hours of power cut each day due to complete negligence of the area by the Uttar Pradesh government, BJP legislator Mahesh Sharma said here today.
Not only the locals but even the industries are suffering due to poor power supply, he said.
Sharma met Superintendent Engineer of Paschimanchal Vidyut Vitran Nigam Limited C L Gupta and asked him for immediate steps to improve the power supply to Noida.
Due to the long power cuts, some industrial units are planning to move out of the state, he said.
The BJP MLA threatened to hold protest if the power supply to Noida was not improved at the earliest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley