`SP govt responsible for poor power supply to Noida`
Noida: Annoyed over the long power cuts in Noida, a local BJP MLA on Tuesday alleged the ruling SP of meting out step-motherly treatment towards the area and threatened to stage protests if the power scenario was not improved soon.
Despite being declared a no power cut zone, Noida is witnessing seven to eight hours of power cut each day due to complete negligence of the area by the Uttar Pradesh government, BJP legislator Mahesh Sharma said here today.
Not only the locals but even the industries are suffering due to poor power supply, he said.
Sharma met Superintendent Engineer of Paschimanchal Vidyut Vitran Nigam Limited C L Gupta and asked him for immediate steps to improve the power supply to Noida.
Due to the long power cuts, some industrial units are planning to move out of the state, he said.
The BJP MLA threatened to hold protest if the power supply to Noida was not improved at the earliest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check jkbose.co.in for JKBOSE 12th Results 2016: Jammu and Kashmir Board Class 12 results declared
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper deal: Manohar Parrikar to make statement in Parliament today
- IPL 2016: Unsold at auction, Hashim Amla signed by Kings XI Punjab as replacement for injured Shaun Marsh
- NEET 2016: 2nd phase to be held on July 24; Centre and CBSE should start preparations, says Supreme Court
- 12 Jaish-e-Mohammed terrorists detained as Delhi Police foils major terror plot, seizes explosives