SP leader arrested for involvement in arson
Auraiya: A Samajwadi Party leader has
been arrested for his alleged involvement in arson during
nation-wide bandh organised by 13 political parties to protest
against price rise, officials said here today.
Pramod Gupta, Chairman of Vidhuna Nagar Panchayat, was
arrested from his house late last night in connection with
arson during Bharat bandh on April 27 in which a bus was
torched by mob, they said.
Gupta, a relative of SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav
and against whom a case had been lodged under various sections
of the IPC, was today produced before the Chief Judicial
Magistrate, who remanded him to 14 days of judicial custody,
Protesting Gupta`s arrest, SP workers led by Leader of
the Opposition in the state Assembly Shivpal Singh Yadav
staged a demonstration at the police office, they said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!