SP leader arrested for involvement in arson
Auraiya: A Samajwadi Party leader has
been arrested for his alleged involvement in arson during
nation-wide bandh organised by 13 political parties to protest
against price rise, officials said here today.
Pramod Gupta, Chairman of Vidhuna Nagar Panchayat, was
arrested from his house late last night in connection with
arson during Bharat bandh on April 27 in which a bus was
torched by mob, they said.
Gupta, a relative of SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav
and against whom a case had been lodged under various sections
of the IPC, was today produced before the Chief Judicial
Magistrate, who remanded him to 14 days of judicial custody,
Protesting Gupta`s arrest, SP workers led by Leader of
the Opposition in the state Assembly Shivpal Singh Yadav
staged a demonstration at the police office, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday