SP leader arrested for involvement in arson
Auraiya: A Samajwadi Party leader has
been arrested for his alleged involvement in arson during
nation-wide bandh organised by 13 political parties to protest
against price rise, officials said here today.
Pramod Gupta, Chairman of Vidhuna Nagar Panchayat, was
arrested from his house late last night in connection with
arson during Bharat bandh on April 27 in which a bus was
torched by mob, they said.
Gupta, a relative of SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav
and against whom a case had been lodged under various sections
of the IPC, was today produced before the Chief Judicial
Magistrate, who remanded him to 14 days of judicial custody,
Protesting Gupta`s arrest, SP workers led by Leader of
the Opposition in the state Assembly Shivpal Singh Yadav
staged a demonstration at the police office, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video