SP leaders meet Governor B L Joshi
Lucknow: A Samajwadi Party delegation today
met Uttar Pradesh Governor B L Joshi urging him to direct the
state government to stop harassment of its workers in
different parts of the state.
Led by the state unit chief Akhilesh Yadav, the delegation
handed over a memorandum to Joshi citing various incidents
both in Lucknow, Auraiya and elsewhere to stress that party
leaders and workers were being harassed and framed in fake
cases, specially after the bandh on April 27 in which SP
participated along with a dozen other parties.
The government has shunned all democratic traditions and
has been indulging in anti-people activities in an autocratic
manner and the opposition has no option but to highlight the
plight of the people through dharnas and demonstrations, they
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'