SP leaders meet Governor B L Joshi
Lucknow: A Samajwadi Party delegation today
met Uttar Pradesh Governor B L Joshi urging him to direct the
state government to stop harassment of its workers in
different parts of the state.
Led by the state unit chief Akhilesh Yadav, the delegation
handed over a memorandum to Joshi citing various incidents
both in Lucknow, Auraiya and elsewhere to stress that party
leaders and workers were being harassed and framed in fake
cases, specially after the bandh on April 27 in which SP
participated along with a dozen other parties.
The government has shunned all democratic traditions and
has been indulging in anti-people activities in an autocratic
manner and the opposition has no option but to highlight the
plight of the people through dharnas and demonstrations, they
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'