SP leaders pay glowing tributes to Mohan Singh
Lucknow: A large number of Samajwadi Party leaders and workers on Monday paid homage to party general secretary and Rajya Sabha MP Mohan Singh who passed away after a prolonged battle with cancer.
The body of Singh, who died at AIIMS in New Delhi yesterday at the age of 68, was brought here this morning and kept at the party office to enable people to pay their last respects to the departed leader.
SP leaders including general secretary Ram Gopal Yadav, Assembly Speaker Mata Prasad Pandey and minister Azam Khan visited the party office and paid glowing tributes to Mohan Singh.
"His death is a great loss for the party," Ramgopal told reporters.
Azam said Singh`s demise was an incalculabe loss for the party.
The body of Singh was later taken to his native place Deoria.
His mortal remains would be consigned to flames at Jai Nagar village tomorrow, party leaders said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Experts hail Indian Army's surgical strikes on Pakistan
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says