SP leaders pay glowing tributes to Mohan Singh
Lucknow: A large number of Samajwadi Party leaders and workers on Monday paid homage to party general secretary and Rajya Sabha MP Mohan Singh who passed away after a prolonged battle with cancer.
The body of Singh, who died at AIIMS in New Delhi yesterday at the age of 68, was brought here this morning and kept at the party office to enable people to pay their last respects to the departed leader.
SP leaders including general secretary Ram Gopal Yadav, Assembly Speaker Mata Prasad Pandey and minister Azam Khan visited the party office and paid glowing tributes to Mohan Singh.
"His death is a great loss for the party," Ramgopal told reporters.
Azam said Singh`s demise was an incalculabe loss for the party.
The body of Singh was later taken to his native place Deoria.
His mortal remains would be consigned to flames at Jai Nagar village tomorrow, party leaders said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- 17-year-old 'unschooled' Malvika Joshi makes it to MIT
- VVIP chopper scam: Key middleman approaches CBI, says ready to divulge if not arrested by India
- PM Narendra Modi to visit Gujarat to launch irrigation scheme SAUNI Yojana today
- These 5 automakers are looking for a turnaround in India –Know
- Maruti Suzuki Swift ‘Deca’ teased