SP leaders pay glowing tributes to Mohan Singh
Lucknow: A large number of Samajwadi Party leaders and workers on Monday paid homage to party general secretary and Rajya Sabha MP Mohan Singh who passed away after a prolonged battle with cancer.
The body of Singh, who died at AIIMS in New Delhi yesterday at the age of 68, was brought here this morning and kept at the party office to enable people to pay their last respects to the departed leader.
SP leaders including general secretary Ram Gopal Yadav, Assembly Speaker Mata Prasad Pandey and minister Azam Khan visited the party office and paid glowing tributes to Mohan Singh.
"His death is a great loss for the party," Ramgopal told reporters.
Azam said Singh`s demise was an incalculabe loss for the party.
The body of Singh was later taken to his native place Deoria.
His mortal remains would be consigned to flames at Jai Nagar village tomorrow, party leaders said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test