SP MLA, supporters booked for creating ruckus
Aligarh: A Samajwadi Party MLA and his supporters have been booked for allegedly creating a ruckus at the police lines here over the transfer of the legislator`s security guard without taking his permission.
SP MLA from Chharra constituency Rakesh Singh and his 25 armed supporters barged inside the office of Sub-Inspector (SI) Shabih Haider at the police lines yesterday and threatened him and his family of dire consequences, police said on Wednesday.
People accompanying the MLA realised that the proceedings were being videographed, following which they snatched the camera and took it with them, police said.
According to complaint made by the SI, the legislator was annoyed as his official security guard had been transferred without taking him into confidence.
On the SI`s complaint, a case under relevant sections of IPC was registered against Singh, his five supporters Shekhar, Sonu, Raj Sahab, Jamal Ghazi and Pradeep Gaur and 20 unidentified persons, at Civil Lines police station, Senior Superintendent of Police, Amit Pathak, said.
An official inquiry was being conducted into the incident by a DySP, he said, adding further action in the matter would be taken after the probe report was submitted.
The SP MLA, who met senior police officials last night, alleged that the SI had misbehaved with him.
He also threatened to sit on a dharna at police lines if a stern action was not taken against the SI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?