SP to repeat performance of UP polls in LS elections: Mulayam
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav on Thursday said that party members should "leave their fascination" of staying in the state capital and carry out extensive campaigning in favour of the party in their respective areas.
Addressing party workers at SP headquarters, Mulayam said Lok Sabha elections could be held any time and therefore the cadre should remain prepared.
Samajwadi Party has to repeat the history of UP assembly elections in Lok Sabha polls, he said.
The top priority should be to achieve the target of winning maximum seats in Lok Sabha elections, he said.
The SP supremo said more the number of party candidates winning the polls, more the party would gain a decisive role in national politics.
The party has formed majority government in the state, which was being discussed across the country, he said.
Mulayam said the UP government had done several works in the interest of the people, which were being replicated in other states.
Urging party workers to carry out extensive campaigning, he said people should be informed about the developmental works carried out by SP.
The SP supremo said the party opposed reservation in promotion.
He said the party knew how to fulfill its promises and it was its duty to maintain people`s faith in it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Premier Futsal: Goa 5's outclass Bengaluru 5's 3-0, seal semi-final spot
- Scientists reconstruct detailed 3D eyes from single photo
- Santander pips BBVA: Eurozone`s largest bank becomes La Liga's newest sponsors
- US sanctions target Assad regime's arms, finance networks
- Bastille Day killer had help preparing Nice attack, says Paris prosecutor