SP to repeat performance of UP polls in LS elections: Mulayam
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav on Thursday said that party members should "leave their fascination" of staying in the state capital and carry out extensive campaigning in favour of the party in their respective areas.
Addressing party workers at SP headquarters, Mulayam said Lok Sabha elections could be held any time and therefore the cadre should remain prepared.
Samajwadi Party has to repeat the history of UP assembly elections in Lok Sabha polls, he said.
The top priority should be to achieve the target of winning maximum seats in Lok Sabha elections, he said.
The SP supremo said more the number of party candidates winning the polls, more the party would gain a decisive role in national politics.
The party has formed majority government in the state, which was being discussed across the country, he said.
Mulayam said the UP government had done several works in the interest of the people, which were being replicated in other states.
Urging party workers to carry out extensive campaigning, he said people should be informed about the developmental works carried out by SP.
The SP supremo said the party opposed reservation in promotion.
He said the party knew how to fulfill its promises and it was its duty to maintain people`s faith in it.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference