Student among two killed in road mishaps in UP
Kanpur: A 20-year-old student was killed when his motorcycle was hit by a dumper near the Pandu river here, police said on Tuesday.
Puneet (18) and Abhishek were going on a motorcycle yesterday when the dumper hit their motorbike, police said, adding Abhishek died on the spot while Puneet has been admitted to a city hospital, they said.
The dumper`s driver escaped from the spot, they added.
In another incident, a teenaged boy Anil (18) was killed when his motorcycle was hit by a truck.
He was returning with his friend Arya (19) in the city yesterday when the mishap occurred.
Anil died on the spot while Arya is admitted to a hospital in a critical condition.
The incidents triggered protests among the locals, who blocked vehicular traffic. They dispersed only after assurance by authorities that the accused will be caught soon.
Cases has been registered and searches are on to nab both the drivers.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?