Student among two killed in road mishaps in UP
Kanpur: A 20-year-old student was killed when his motorcycle was hit by a dumper near the Pandu river here, police said on Tuesday.
Puneet (18) and Abhishek were going on a motorcycle yesterday when the dumper hit their motorbike, police said, adding Abhishek died on the spot while Puneet has been admitted to a city hospital, they said.
The dumper`s driver escaped from the spot, they added.
In another incident, a teenaged boy Anil (18) was killed when his motorcycle was hit by a truck.
He was returning with his friend Arya (19) in the city yesterday when the mishap occurred.
Anil died on the spot while Arya is admitted to a hospital in a critical condition.
The incidents triggered protests among the locals, who blocked vehicular traffic. They dispersed only after assurance by authorities that the accused will be caught soon.
Cases has been registered and searches are on to nab both the drivers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...