Ten awarded life sentence in UP
Barabanki: Ten people were awarded life sentence by a local court here for the murder of a Dalit youth four years ago.
Ram Naresh of Soena Majre Rohana area was shot dead over a dispute over allotment of a shop on July 9, 2008, by ten people, including four members of a family, prosecution sources said.
Special Additional Sessions Judge SC\ST Act, Kalpana Misra yesterday awarded life sentence to the ten persons and also imposed a fine of Rs 3,000 on each of them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family