Ten awarded life sentence in UP
Barabanki: Ten people were awarded life sentence by a local court here for the murder of a Dalit youth four years ago.
Ram Naresh of Soena Majre Rohana area was shot dead over a dispute over allotment of a shop on July 9, 2008, by ten people, including four members of a family, prosecution sources said.
Special Additional Sessions Judge SC\ST Act, Kalpana Misra yesterday awarded life sentence to the ten persons and also imposed a fine of Rs 3,000 on each of them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- Invoking Ambedkar's legacy, PM Modi says no rethink on quotas as Sena boycotts his events in Mumbai