Ten awarded life sentence in UP
Barabanki: Ten people were awarded life sentence by a local court here for the murder of a Dalit youth four years ago.
Ram Naresh of Soena Majre Rohana area was shot dead over a dispute over allotment of a shop on July 9, 2008, by ten people, including four members of a family, prosecution sources said.
Special Additional Sessions Judge SC\ST Act, Kalpana Misra yesterday awarded life sentence to the ten persons and also imposed a fine of Rs 3,000 on each of them.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India