Tension prevails in Lucknow after sectarian clash
Lucknow: Tension prevailed in the old city area here on Friday following a sectarian clash triggered by a minor dispute over a procession, a senior police official said.
The Shias were taking out `Azadari` procession in Kudiyaganj locality here when they had an altercation with the members of the Sunni sect returning after offering Friday prayers, SSP R K Chaturvedi said.
Later, both the sides started pelting stones at each other, following which the police officials rushed to the area to control the situation.
Additional force has been deployed in the area as a precautionary measure to prevent any untoward incident, the SSP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!