Tension prevails in Lucknow after sectarian clash
Lucknow: Tension prevailed in the old city area here on Friday following a sectarian clash triggered by a minor dispute over a procession, a senior police official said.
The Shias were taking out `Azadari` procession in Kudiyaganj locality here when they had an altercation with the members of the Sunni sect returning after offering Friday prayers, SSP R K Chaturvedi said.
Later, both the sides started pelting stones at each other, following which the police officials rushed to the area to control the situation.
Additional force has been deployed in the area as a precautionary measure to prevent any untoward incident, the SSP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis