Tension prevails in Lucknow after sectarian clash
Lucknow: Tension prevailed in the old city area here on Friday following a sectarian clash triggered by a minor dispute over a procession, a senior police official said.
The Shias were taking out `Azadari` procession in Kudiyaganj locality here when they had an altercation with the members of the Sunni sect returning after offering Friday prayers, SSP R K Chaturvedi said.
Later, both the sides started pelting stones at each other, following which the police officials rushed to the area to control the situation.
Additional force has been deployed in the area as a precautionary measure to prevent any untoward incident, the SSP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal