Tension prevails in Lucknow after sectarian clash
Lucknow: Tension prevailed in the old city area here on Friday following a sectarian clash triggered by a minor dispute over a procession, a senior police official said.
The Shias were taking out `Azadari` procession in Kudiyaganj locality here when they had an altercation with the members of the Sunni sect returning after offering Friday prayers, SSP R K Chaturvedi said.
Later, both the sides started pelting stones at each other, following which the police officials rushed to the area to control the situation.
Additional force has been deployed in the area as a precautionary measure to prevent any untoward incident, the SSP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray