Thieves dig tunnel from IOC pipeline to steal oil and diesel
Meerut: Large quantity of diesel and petrol was stolen by some miscreants by digging a tunnel through the supply pipeline of Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) here, following which two persons were today arrested, police said.
The incident came to light three days ago and police have today arrested two accused -- Narendra Singh and Gyanendra Chaudhary -- in this connection, OmPrakash, SP, Meerut said.
According to preliminary investigation, more persons are said to be involved in the crime and efforts are on to nab them, he said.
The tunnel originated underneath a plot owned by Narendra Chaudhary while the point where the hole was drilled in the pipeline is beneath a plot owned by Gyandendra Choudhary, Om Prakash said.
A case was then lodged against both plot owners following which police started the investigations, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends