Thieves dig tunnel from IOC pipeline to steal oil and diesel
Meerut: Large quantity of diesel and petrol was stolen by some miscreants by digging a tunnel through the supply pipeline of Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) here, following which two persons were today arrested, police said.
The incident came to light three days ago and police have today arrested two accused -- Narendra Singh and Gyanendra Chaudhary -- in this connection, OmPrakash, SP, Meerut said.
According to preliminary investigation, more persons are said to be involved in the crime and efforts are on to nab them, he said.
The tunnel originated underneath a plot owned by Narendra Chaudhary while the point where the hole was drilled in the pipeline is beneath a plot owned by Gyandendra Choudhary, Om Prakash said.
A case was then lodged against both plot owners following which police started the investigations, he said.
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part II
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part III
- DNA: Media bribed for suppressing details of AgustaWestland chopper scam
- DNA: India's own GPS system, IRNSS-G1 successfully launched
- 60 percent voting in 2nd phase of panchayat polls in Bihar
- Prosecutors says ISIS ordered Italian resident to attack Rome
- Bomb blast in Assam's Tinsukia area; dozens injured, some in serious condition
- EWS admission: Delhi Govt issues fresh instructions to schools
- Kanhaiya, ABVP activists on indefinite hunger strikes in JNU