Thieves dig tunnel from IOC pipeline to steal oil and diesel
Meerut: Large quantity of diesel and petrol was stolen by some miscreants by digging a tunnel through the supply pipeline of Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) here, following which two persons were today arrested, police said.
The incident came to light three days ago and police have today arrested two accused -- Narendra Singh and Gyanendra Chaudhary -- in this connection, OmPrakash, SP, Meerut said.
According to preliminary investigation, more persons are said to be involved in the crime and efforts are on to nab them, he said.
The tunnel originated underneath a plot owned by Narendra Chaudhary while the point where the hole was drilled in the pipeline is beneath a plot owned by Gyandendra Choudhary, Om Prakash said.
A case was then lodged against both plot owners following which police started the investigations, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!