Three held with marijuana worth over Rs.3 crore in UP
Lucknow: Three drug peddlers, who operated in various Indian states, have been arrested with marijuana worth over Rs.3 crore in Uttar Pradesh`s Mirzapur district, police said Tuesday.
The three men, who are in their mid 40s, were nabbed Monday night from the Pandarai town in Mirzapur, some 300 km from here.
"Acting on a tip-off, we raided a hideout in Adhaura village in Pandarai town and nabbed the three drug peddlers along with marijuana," police inspector Ramesh Chaubey told reporters in Mirzapur.
"Preliminary investigations reveal that they work for a Bihar-based racket involved in supply of illegal drugs," he added.
According to police, the three were primarily entrusted with the task of selling drugs in parts of Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Bihar and Madhya Pradesh.
"They have provided vital information about their other gang members operating in Uttar Pradesh and adjoining states," Chaubey said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III