Three more die of encephalitis in eastern UP
Gorakhpur: With encephalitis claiming three more lives during the past 24-hour, the death toll due to the disease has mounted to 334 in eastern Uttar Pradesh.
Three patients died at BRD Medical College Hospital here yesterday, health officials said today.
The number of encephalitis patients rose to 2,147 since January this year out of which 334 had succumbed to the deadly disease, Diwakar Prasad, Additional Director, Health, Gorakhpur Division said.
As many as 270 encephalitis patients are being treated at BRD Medical College Hospital and in adjoining district hospitals, Prasad said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah