Three more die of encephalitis in eastern UP
Gorakhpur: With encephalitis claiming three more lives during the past 24-hour, the death toll due to the disease has mounted to 334 in eastern Uttar Pradesh.
Three patients died at BRD Medical College Hospital here yesterday, health officials said today.
The number of encephalitis patients rose to 2,147 since January this year out of which 334 had succumbed to the deadly disease, Diwakar Prasad, Additional Director, Health, Gorakhpur Division said.
As many as 270 encephalitis patients are being treated at BRD Medical College Hospital and in adjoining district hospitals, Prasad said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL